Monday, June 2, 2014

2014 Dance Recital

So this year I was in 4 numbers in the recital and they happened within 15 numbers...so I was pretty much exhausted at the end because I'm not used to dance that hard or that much. But Stacie gave me some great advice about show day. She said to stay positive! Even if you're dying back stage, stay positive. So that's what I did. And it worked actually really well. I didn't realize how tired I was until we got back to the car.

Dance #1:
Curbside Prophet
Choreography: Kathleen
Intermediate Tap

I loved this dance because it was fun and laid back and we could all just be ourselves on stage



Dance #2
Solid Ground
Choreography: Stacie
Modern

This was the most challenging of the night because it's a full three minutes and it's intense not only physically but emotionally as well. The piece is about going through a struggle and fighting through it with the support of others.





Dance #3
Boogie Back to Texas
Choreography: Kathleen
Ladies Line - competitions

This is our competition piece this year. We all really liked it because we did a lot of quick tapping.


Dance #4
Rumor Has It
Choreography: Stacie
Partnering

This piece was a lot of fun because we, as adults, were able to play up the love triangle aspect of the song. We also landed all the lifts, so that was awesome.



All in all recital was a complete success and a ton of fun. It is bittersweet though because it is the last time I will most likely dance in Spokane. One if the things I'm sad about is not continuing to dance with the kids. It's a weird feeling. I got to see them go from pre-teens to full on teenagers, and I feel like I'm going to miss out on them growing up even more. But I'll miss the Ladies the most. They have truly made me one of their own and I'm going to miss their advice, antics, and of course the wine. I have had a great support system from them as I moved into married life and have really turned to them as great examples of how to make a marriage last.

This recital has been a major "ok we're officially moving" hurdle for me and as sad as I am to be moving on, I can't wait to start taking dance classes in bigger cities. London dance classes are all drop-in style, where you can go and pay $5 and take a class with no obligation to return. This means I'll be able to move around from studio to studio learning everyone's different styles and techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment