Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Sean Connerys Accent Farewell

So if you follow me on facebook, you know every Tuesday night I post something about "Sean Connerys Accent." What a lot of people don't know is that is the name of a trivia team. We go to trivia at The Fieldhouse, a local sports bar, which we long decided was a silly idea because we're all nerds and know nothing about sports and at least four questions are about sports every week, but continue to go there because we love the trivia guy.

So this summer Sean Connerys Accent has taken a beating in the way to teammates. Three of us regulars (out of five) left this summer, me being the last one. And every time someone has left we give them a grand farewell, which usually involved more shots than usual. Now when Andrew left, we did it up right. I might have had to sit on the bathroom floor with Andrew for a few hours after driving him home. But since Andrew is 23, eight hours after puking his guts out, he was up and raring to go with not residual side effects.

Now since I am no longer 23, I knew that I would not have this similar experience. In fact I know that now that I'm 27, if I drink so much that I puke, I have a hangover for the next two days. And since trivia is Tuesday night and we're leaving Thursday morning, I decided that I should stick to my usual two beers and one shot for the evening.

So we did the goodbye night up right by winning, which is always glorious. And ate many many cupcakes. But it will be sad to not head up to trivia next Tuesday and we already determined Trivia Guy (aka Alex) won't let us skype people in (we asked because we're nerds).

No comments:

Post a Comment