Sunday, July 12, 2015

The first week

First week of the new job went EXCELLENT. Monday we went out to a "welcome to the team" lunch where I got to meet everyone and we discussed the practicality of building a pork tower (5 stories, with the first floor being the hard salamis and then moving up in juiciness). And then on Friday the whole floor had a "summer salad potluck" which was awesome.

Katelin, who I'm replacing (she's being promoted) has been awesome. Great balance of letting me figure things out and imparting the wisdom that I need to know. I also met our Product Owner, who once Katelin is promoted I wont have to deal with as much, and he's an interesting character so I'm glad that she's getting paid the big bucks :]

Anyway, everyone on my team is super extroverted (our is the team that is always getting trouble for being loud) and I really like everyone and I think it'll be a great fit. Our team is also the team that is the most innovative in the Agile/Scrum stuff so we try new things a lot. For instance there was a discussion this week about trying to switch to three week sprints rather than two like everyone else does because we have process set in place for pushing from testing to production and it eats into a lot of the actual sprint time.

Also I've decided that I'm going ot implement "dress up Friday" rather than casual Friday. I'm sure I'll dress up more than just on Friday but having that set in place will make me at least once a week not just wear jeans and a nerd shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment