Sunday, June 21, 2015

I GOT A NEW JOB

We officially have a reason to live in Seattle now. And let me tell you, it feels totally grounding. 

So what happened: I actually interviewed at this place back in December. I went and the interview went great but the lead dev suddenly decided he wanted someone more technical and the recruiter said she wanted to keep my resume on file. Well she called!! They had a new PM position open and they reorganized so that the director of PMs (who really really liked me) is now the guy with the final say on hiring a PM rather than the lead dev. So I had a pretty good feeling that as long as I went in and didn't fall down drunk or anything I would get the job. And I did! They offered it to me on the spot and we talked terms and I start July 6th. One thing that Jeff and I knew was a risk of me getting an office job was taking a pay cut, but the benefits at this place definitely make up for it (and of course not having to pay our own taxes since I'll be a W2). I am so excited. The recruiter was talking about all the office activities they do and food all the time and I met the team I'm going to be on and I'M SO EXCITEDDDD. And from a career perspective I'm excited to learn how to do internal projects and finally get away from client projects.

Some really awesome interview questions to note:

- what are you reading? (I already knew that one from Ken, but it's the first time I've been asked it in an interview)
- Not a loaded question, but what kind of job would pull you out of here and go somewhere else?
- In one year, we're sitting in this same room, what would you be telling me you're proud of? (I thought this was a really awesome question because it made me think of some goals to have)

No comments:

Post a Comment