Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Family Gathering weekend

This weekend was a bit of a whirl. I'm calling it a Family Gathering bc Andrea, Jessica, and I decided that you can't call it a family vaca bc vaca implies relaxing. So anyway, it started Thursday when I went to a book signing. Mamrie Hart, Hannah Hart, and Grace Helbig are doing a #NoFilter tour right now to support Mamrie's book but the Seattle show was on Friday which I couldn't go to bc of the family gathering. However Mamrie was doing a book signing on Thursday. And bc Jeff knew I was really bummed out about missing Friday, he made it so I could go to the book signing and then he would drive all the way to Spokane during the night. So I went and met Mamrie Hart - who is a person I want to be friends with. I also met an amazing lady while standing in line for the signing and we bonded over the fact that 98% of the people standing in line weren't old enough to drink but were in line to meet someone who does comedy based on drinking.





So then we drove to Spokane to spend 12 hours doing meetings that I couldn't get out of and hanging out with Andrea before we hit the road yet again to drive to Pend Orielle Lake. We stayed at someone's super nice cabin complete with enough beds but no gate down to the dock - which is where the non-relaxing came in because no matter how many times the children were told to either stay off the dock or put their life vest on so they could go onto the dock, they didn't listen. But it was nice for everyone to get together and since we were only going to be there for a short time we kept everything very casual. On Saturday night we went to thai food in Sandpoint, and it was the tiniest hole in the wall place - so tiny that we used every table and every chair for the 14 of us. It was really funny - and amazing thai food. 

Then we drove home Sunday and didnt get in until 1 in the morning and I pulled the second shift

No comments:

Post a Comment