Thursday, January 22, 2015

Eyebrows are important

I finally went and got my eyebrows done. It's taken me a week and a half to get there and having wax rip hair off my face made me feel more amazing this afternoon than it should have.

The reason it's taken me this long is because in the city getting your eyebrows waxed is an experience. In Spokane, Jewel, my fabulous hairdresser since I was 14 has always done them during my hair appointment. But in the city, it's different. I go to a place that does nothing but slather hot wax on various parts of your body and then rip it off. They serve wine, have stacks of US Weekly, dainty handmade jewelry for sale, and relaxing music. And they have happy hour. Everyday from 1-3 in the afternoon, eyebrows are half off. And you can't make appointments in advance.

So for the past week and a half I've been trying to make it to happy hour. And due to work, I haven't made it. And it was getting to the point where I had one eyebrow instead of two. My loving (and fashion-impaired) husband told me I still looked beautiful and "no one can tell," but I was becoming obsessed with them. I wanted them fixed and I wanted it to happen now (at happy hour prices of course). So at 1245 today, my 2 hour design meeting ended early and I had an hour before my next meeting. So, instead of doing my end-of-meeting wrapup email to myself and anyone else who needed it, I said "fuck it" and left. And I went and read US Weekly for 15 minutes and then chatted with the nice lady about the Seahawks while she applied lovely smelling wax on my face and ripped it off. And it was glorious. Such a tiny thing, that in all reality, no one has noticed. But I felt like a new woman as I walked out. And that's what's important.

No comments:

Post a Comment